Thursday, December 11, 2014

Music for your Unborn Baby

When I was pregnant, I used to listen to music because it relaxes me.  Then when my kids were born, we had these set of music CDs that I always play for them to listen to when I am doing house chores.  I am not sure if that influenced their love of music now but I do think that it did help.  

Have you heard about prenatal bonding? This is a way to express how you nurture and take care of your unborn baby. There are many ways to do prenatal bonding. Our friends at Pregnancytips.org say that one of the things you can do as a way to bond with your unborn child is through listening to music. You can listen to music anytime you want. Play soft, calming music while you sleep and during the day. Not only does this help you relax but studies show that the babies remember the music you play when they were still in your womb. How cool is that?

One of the most commonly suggested songs for babies are the classic music of Mozart, Bach and Beethoven. Music though, doesn’t affect fetal development. It’s true, the baby kicks and moves when they hear music but no one really can tell exactly what those movements mean. So if you’re pregnant, go ahead and start playing those amazing classical music for baby! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's not Goodbye by Laura Pausini #LegendsOfTheFall

My brother would have been 51 this year if he didn't die so young. The song "It's Not Goodbye" by Laura Pausini really to...

Search This Blog