Monday, August 19, 2019

A Time To Heal Racism : Art Contest Winner

Our daughter won the Catholic Campaign for Human Development  art contest dubbed as "A Time to Heal Racism".  As a grand prize winner, she received  an all-paid ($325.00) one-week Summer Camp in Camp Bosco.  It's a great  learning opportunity but we couldn't send her alone to participate  in the said summer camp.  She was scared to attend alone.  It's one of those  fears she has, being  far from us and not knowing the people she is going to interact with.  We were also worried about it so we didn't force her to attend.  
Anyway, her original  work was sent to Washington D.C. for the national contest.  it will be displayed for  educational purposes so it won't be sent back.  I am glad they sent us a photocopy of it. 
Aside from the art, they were also asked to write an essay for this contest.  I will update this with her original content. to explain her entry further.  To some it might just look like different shapes of cut out  art paper but there's a reasoning behind it.  The different colors represents the skin colors of different races  working together towards unity and peace.  I think if we put some compassion into our hearts, the world would be a much better place to live.  

15 comments:

  1. That artwork is really special.I love that piece and it really sends a message. It is great when our kids achieve in arts or other ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How amazing! Congrats to your daughter. She created such a neat piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is absoultely wondeful to see kids get involved in the arts. They are too many times that the arts get cheated and it is not fair. I love to see creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! That's quite an honor. I was the same way as a kid, but now I regret not taking opportunities to grow. (REna)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's incredible! What a beautiful piece and the thought and meaning behind it are even better. Congrats to her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is beautiful! I love mosaics. It's a shame she won't get it back, you'll have to have her make another for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow well done to your daughter on her win and what a beautiful image she came up with. It's a shame she won't be able to keep it herself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful mosaic tile piece! I love that the colors represent the various colors of people. I hope the new generation has what it takes to heal this planet and end the ugliness of racism.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Rylie. I love your work. I would buy notecards with this design on front so....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! Totally abstract yet has TONS of defined meaning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a really beautiful piece of art work. I love that a lot. She did an amazing job on it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Her artwork is really beautiful and I love the message behind it. Congrats on her win. It's a well deserved one, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love her art project! I hope that someone else got the camp scholarship since she wasn't interested in going. I don't think my kids would choose to go either in the same circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so amazing and her artwork is so beautiful! Most importantly, I love the message behind it. Congratulations to her for winning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a really great piece of art! Congratulations on winning!

    ReplyDelete

It's not Goodbye by Laura Pausini #LegendsOfTheFall

My brother would have been 51 this year if he didn't die so young. The song "It's Not Goodbye" by Laura Pausini really to...

Search This Blog